90 Day warranty terms & conditions
Big Motoring World 90-Day Warranty Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions set out the full details of what is covered by your Big Assist 90-Day Warranty (the “Warranty”). You should read these terms and conditions carefully before taking out the Warranty.
- The Warranty
1.1 About Big Motoring World. (“Big motoring World”, “we”, “us”, “our”) provides your Warranty. Lakeside services, Sturry Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 1DS. Our VAT number is 812 457 050.
1.2 About the Administrator. The Warranty is administered by Olympic Warranties Limited t/a Warranties 2000 (the “Administrator”). The Administrator is registered in England and Wales under company number 01853961 and its registered office is at Unit 2 The Antler Complex Bruntcliffe Way, Morley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS27 0JG
1.3 About your Warranty
(a) What is included. Your Warranty covers only the car you bought from Big Motoring World when you bought the Warranty (your “Car”). Your Warranty includes an initial maintenance inspection, which happens before you get your Car.
Your Warranty then covers repair or replacement (as required) of parts not normally covered by the manufacturer’s periodic service schedules, as set out in more detail in section 3.2(b) below. Your Warranty only covers one claim for each part for the duration of the Warranty.
(b) What isn’t included. Your Warranty doesn’t cover any vehicle other than your Car. Your Warranty doesn’t cover normal wear and tear to parts that you should replace as part of your Car’s maintenance schedule - for example, tyres and replacement of consumables like fuel, filters, screenwash, coolant and oil. Your Warranty doesn’t cover repairs or replacements that are required because you fail to keep the Car serviced in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations. Your Warranty doesn’t cover your car if it is outside the UK.
1.4 Contract type. The Warranty is a service contract between you and us. It is not an insurance policy.
- Duration of the Warranty
2.1 The Warranty begins on the date and at the time you collect your Car.
2.2 The Warranty ends on the date and at the time set out in the confirmation email you receive for the Warranty of your car. The end date will be the 90th day after your scheduled delivery or collection date.
Big Motoring World 90-Day Warranty
The warranty applies to the motor vehicle described on the Validation Certificate provided it is a vehicle in current use. The warranty applicable to commercial vehicles is subject to the mileage of the vehicle not exceeding 12,000 miles in any 12 month period. The mileage for other than a 12-month warranty shall be calculated on a pro-rata basis.
- No repairs are to be commenced without the prior authorisation of BIG Assist Protect.
- Dismantling charges will only be reimbursed as part of a valid claim. The vehicle owner must authorise any dismantling and to pay such charges should it be established that the failure is not covered by the warranty.
- The Company reserves the right to examine the vehicle and/or damaged parts prior to any rectification work being undertaken. No claim will be considered where it is established by an Independent Engineer that the faults were caused by a lack of servicing and/or maintenance or wear and tear. Should the Independent Engineer be unable to carry out their assessment for any reason, other than their own, then the responsibility of arranging a further inspection, and payment for same, will be the responsibility of the vehicle owner.
- No refund (for whatever reason) of monies paid will be made in respect of this warranty.
- No liability shall exist or be deemed to exist whatsoever in the event of non-payment of this warranty.
- The warranty holder is responsible for the first £100.00 of any claim admitted by the company if the duration of cover is three months only. If any claim is fraudulent in any respect, all benefits under this warranty will be forfeited.
- In the event that the duration of cover is three months the maximum labour rate claimable is limited to £50 per hour plus VAT. The Company reserves the right to specify the use of reconditioned or exchange units.
- In the event of a claim being admitted, the Company reserves the right to request a contribution from the warranty holder towards the cost of any parts and or labour in the event of the vehicle being in a better condition than it enjoyed immediately prior to the failure. The Company reserves the right to specify the use of reconditioned or exchange units.
- The maximum liability for repairs shall not exceed the maximum claim liability as stipulated on the Validation Certificate. This shall also include any Additional Benefits.
- The Conditions and Exclusions of this warranty cannot be altered or amended by any party except by written authority of the Company. The benefits of this warranty may not be assigned without the written consent of the Company.
EXCLUSIONS (THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER)
- i) Mechanical breakdown where the fault(s) could be reasonably stated to have existed before the commencement of this warranty, or the breakdown or failure of any components not covered by the warranty.
- ii) Cylinder head cracks/porosity are speciﬁcally excluded under the terms of this warranty and so is the gradual reduction in operating performance of any of the components listed as being covered components.
iii) Any loss unless the vehicle has been serviced in accordance with the requirements of this warranty as detailed on the validation certiﬁcate or where the odometer has been tampered with, altered or disconnected.
- iv) Repairs, replacements or alterations not authorised by the Company, experimental equipment, routine servicing or maintenance, or vehicles in any way modiﬁed from the manufacturer’s speciﬁcations, or any faults that can be attributed to the quality of fuel being used.
- v) Any parts which have not actually failed, or parts replaced or reported during routine servicing and / or maintenance. Nor any parts which can be considered as having inherent design faults, subject to manufacturer’s recall, or claimable under any existing insurance, warranty or guarantee
- vi) Vehicles used for hire or reward, commercial vehicles with a carrying capacity of 35cwt or more, vehicles used in any sort of competition, rallying, racing, or any vehicles owned by a garage or its associated companies engaged in the motor trade.
vii) Any damage occurred in whole or in part due to any type of accident which is wilful, unlawful or negligent.
viii) Any consequential loss of whatsoever nature, arising directly, or indirectly from the claim, or event giving rise to a claim under this warranty. Any liability for death or bodily injury or damage to any property of any description.
- ix) Claims not notiﬁed to the Company during the warranty duration, or any claims not notiﬁed by Recorded Delivery within seven days of any occurrence giving rise to a claim.
- x) Deterioration of lubricants resulting in inconsequential damage.
- xi) Any diagnostic cost incurred is speciﬁcally excluded from coverage afforded by this warranty.
xii) Any component that has failed due to a foreign object, such as stone damage or water ingress.
xiii) Wear - Damage or deterioration which has occurred as the result of repeated usage cycles and has not developed suddenly within the vehicles last journey.
xiv) Negligence - Damage to the vehicle which could be reasonably stated to have been avoided but for the inaction/action of the operator/owner or third party either accidental or reckless.
- xv) Maintenance - The preventative and reactive maintenance of the vehicle including but not limited to servicing, fluid changes and the replacement of items which have reached the end of their serviceable life such as brake discs and pads and tyres.
Activating the Big Assist App will, in turn, activate the renewal option for Warranties 2000 to contact you upon expiry of this cover applied to your vehicle, to discuss your renewal options.
- We share your personal data with warranties 2000 for the following purposes:
- To administer your car warranty and any claims on your behalf.
- To allow you to make a claim on the warranty via the app.
- To notify you when your warranty is due to expire
- We do not sell your personal data to third parties. However, we may from time to time disclose your personal data to the following categories of companies or organisations to which we pass the responsibility to handle services on our behalf: roadside assistance service providers, vehicle collection & delivery, accident management, external third-party body shops, external third-party garages, our legal and other professional advisors.
- We take steps to ensure that any third-party partners who handle your personal data comply with data protection legislation and protect your personal data just as we do. We only disclose personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf. We will aim to anonymise your personal data or use aggregated nonspecific data sets wherever possible.
Legal Basis for sharing data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Contractual performance - where we need to process your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Legal or regulatory obligation - when we have to process your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
- Legitimate interest - when it is in our legitimate interest (or that of a third party) and those interests do not override your rights and freedoms, for example when it is in the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
- Vital interests - Where it is necessary to process your personal data to protect your vital interests or another person.
- Consent - generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time.