Here you will find the answers to our most frequently asked questions
- What do I need to bring with me to buy a car?
- Proof of ID (driving license or passport)
- Proof of Address (bank statement or utility bill)
- Can I test drive the car before purchasing?Yes, all of our vehicles are ready to test drive.
- What is the administration fee for?We charge an administration fee on all vehicles, this covers administrative and documentation costs pertaining to that specific vehicle, including an HPI check and any service or MOT needed.
- What is an HPI check?HPI checks are provided with each of our cars. They check for important information such as whether the car is stolen, has outstanding finance on it, or has been in a declared accident.
- Can I purchase a vehicle online?Currently, we do not sell over the internet, so come down to one of our branches to view our cars!
- I’ve viewed the car, can I place a deposit?Yes of course. Deposits are a minimum of £500 and are refundable only if we are unable to obtain finance for you.
- How long have I got to collect a vehicle once a deposit has been placed on it?We hold the vehicle up to 3 days after a deposit has been made.
- Can I drive away on the same day in a car I have just purchased?Yes. All of our vehicles are prepped ready to drive away. If, however, you are going through finance, you need to be on site by 3pm in order to take the car the same day.
- How do I insure and TAX my vehicle?We have advisors on site to assist you with tax and insurance. Please be aware that when paying TAX if you use your credit card there is a £2.50 charge by DVLA.
- Do your vehicles come with any warranty?We are so confident in our vehicles that we provide 3 months free warranty on every vehicle we sell. This does not affect your statutory rights. There is an option to purchase an extended 1, 2 or 3-year warranty at the point of sale.
- What does the warranty cover?Our warranty covers all major mechanical and electrical components in case of sudden mechanical breakdown. Parts and Labour are included such as engine, gearbox, transmissions, suspension, as well as smaller items such as electric windows and central locking. Please follow this link to our warranty page for more details.
- Where does our warranty cover?Our warranty covers UK countries only: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Do you take part exchanges?Yes! We will part exchange cars, motorbikes and vans. We also take left-hand drives and category C/D cars. We will value your vehicle for free and hold the price for up to 7 days.
- What do I need to bring with me if I am part exchanging my old vehicle?You will need to bring all of your documents for the car including, V5 (logbook), service history, MOT certificate and the spare key (if you have one). If you do not have the red V5 logbook with you, please contact the Collections Team on 01634 244211 prior to your arrival.
- Can I part exchange my old car if I have finance on it currently? Yes. The remaining balance will go on the finance for the car that you will be purchasing from us.
- What happens if I have a private registration on my vehicle that I wish to part exchange?You can either put the registration on retention before visiting our site or alternatively, you can leave a £250 deposit which will be refunded after we have received your logbook/V5 document with the original registration on it. One of our advisors will be able to help you with the process.
- How old do I need to be to apply for finance?You must be 18 years old or over.
- What do I need to bring with me to finance a car?
- Recent Bank Statements (within last 3 months)
- Recent Utility Bill (within last 3 months)
- Bank account details (Name, Account Number, Sort Code)
- Your driving license (UK or EU)
- Passport (as a secondary form of ID)
- Can I get finance elsewhere then come and purchase a car? We do accept external finance, however, there is an admin fee of £495.99 for processing and documentation to the third party finance company.
- Can I be accepted for finance if I have a provisional licence? Yes you can, however, the lenders are limited and you will be restricted to advance and vehicle type finance only. You will also have to provide proof of Fully Comprehensive Insurance.
- Can I drive away the same day when purchasing via finance?Yes, of course. Make sure your appointment is before 3pm to ensure the finance is authorised in time.
- Are there restrictions on lending?We can finance a minimum of £2500 and generally over 3 years, however some of our lenders will finance on a 2 year basis.
- I have been living abroad, can I apply for finance? If you have 3 years unbroken residency within the United Kingdom you can apply for finance.
- Can a company apply for finance?Of course. Any company can finance a vehicle if they have:
- The company Registration Number
- Company details
- Trading address
- Bank Details
- Accountant Details
- VAT registration Number if applicable
- 3 years accounts
- Does Big Motoring World negotiate on price?93% of our vehicles are priced below the market value, which means we are already passing on great savings to you. We have a marketing team checking prices daily to make sure that we keep our vehicles as the best value preowned cars, therefore there is no need for you to haggle, each and every one of our customers gets the best price!
- What payment methods do you have?
- Debit Card – No Charge
- Bank Transfer – No Charge
- BACS/CHAPS/Faster Payments – No Charge
- £500 cash maximum
***Please note if you are aware of the amount you are paying, you should give your bank at least 24 hours’ notice if possible ***
- Can I pay for the vehicle with cash? We accept a maximum of £500 cash. The outstanding balance has to be made via debit card or a bank transfer.
Collecting your vehicle
- Can I drive away on the same day in a car I have just purchased? Yes. All of our vehicles are prepped ready to drive away. If, however, you are going through finance, you will need to be on site by 3pm in order to take the car the same day.
- What should I bring?
- Your driving License (UK/EU)
- Payment Method
- Where do I collect my car from?If you are taking out finance, you may need to pop back into our West Malling branch to finish off your paperwork prior to collecting your car from the Collection and Service Centre in Snodland. If you bought your car at Blue Bell Hill, please check with your Customer Advisor to see if you will be collecting from there or the Collection Centre in Snodland.